- About Us
- Office of the President
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Assistant Provost
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Budget and Finance
- Office of Business Development and Administration
- Human Resource Management Department
- Office of Public Information
- Department of Information & Communications Technology
- Department of Public Safety
- Find us on Social Media
- UB News
On August 1, 2000, the University of Belize (UB) was created from a merger of five institutions: the University College of Belize (UCB), the Belize Technical College (BTC), the Belize Teachers’ Training College (BTTC), the Belize School of Nursing (BSN), and the Belize College of Agriculture (BCA). UCB, BTC and BTTC were under the supervision of the Ministry of Education (MOE); BSN was under the supervision of the Ministry of Health (MOH); and BCA was under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA).
In 2004, the main campus was officially moved to Belmopan City. UB now offers programs from its main campus in Belmopan, and from three other locations: Belize City campus, Central Farm campus, and from its southern campus in Punta Gorda. UB also owns and manages two marine field stations at Calabash and Hunting Caye.